As a business, we collect information from customers in the store and through our website in many ways and for many reasons, e.g. mailing/e-mail lists, transactions, etc. Often, the company collects the names, email addresses, postal addresses, phone numbers, and cell phone numbers of our customers.
There are several areas where customer data may be used by CFA:
1. CFA reserves the right to use data collected to analyze trends and customer interests. This customer information will be used to make improvements to the gallery, artwork, website or studio. We may also combine information we get from customers with information we have gotten from third parties.
2. CFA reserves the right to use data collected for security purposes. We may use information to protect our company, our customers, or our websites.
3. CFA reserves the right to use data collected to promote the company, our artists, and events important to the art world. Customers may opt out of this by calling or e-mailing us.
4. CFA reserves the right to use data collected to communicate with customers about their account or our relationship, e.g. we may contact customers to notify them about issues with their orders, changes to this Policy, etc.
Customer information may be shared when legally permitted, including in the following situations:
1. Within our company (including affiliated companies).
2. With third parties who perform services on our behalf, e.g. vendors.
3. With our business partners unless specifically requested not to do so by a customer.
4. With law enforcement, government agency or investigatory body with a formal or official request or court order.
5. With other companies if the information is being used for fraud and credit risk reduction.
6. With any successor to all or part of our business.
It is CFA policy to safeguard all customer personal information to the best of the corporation’s ability. CFA cannot guarantee that customer information will be completely safe – that would be impossible. However, the company will take all steps within its means to safeguard this information. This will include encryption of all financial transactions and records, use of anti-virus software, use of only highly secure data hosting services, and use of physical security methods to safeguard hard drives and other media that may contain personal information involving our customers.
CFA will not sell any customer information to a third party for any reason.
CFA will strive to ensure that any links on our websites are only to legitimate, reputable websites. However, we cannot and will not be not responsible for a third party's website.
Our websites and customer lists are not intended for children under 13. If a customer believes that their child below age 13 has given us personally identifiable information, they should either come by the gallery, email us (email@example.com) or call us at 757-941-8926.
Learn more about how to protect your child online. Read the helpful information provided by the FTC. This information includes this consumer education bulletin.
Copyright © Colonial Folk Art, Inc.
All Rights Reserved